Nationally Recognized Civil Litigation Attorneys
Whatever your civil litigation needs, it makes sense to go with experience. For more than 65 years, Spangenberg Shibley & Liber has been recognized for representing individual and corporate clients in some of the most significant single-plaintiff and mass-tort litigation cases in the United States. A Cleveland, Ohio-based law firm with a national practice, Spangenberg Shibley & Liber is dedicated to seeking justice for each and every one of its clients.
Sophisticated Trial Lawyers, with a Focus on the Client
Our firm has enjoyed prominence throughout Ohio and the United States as a result of our established reputation as trial lawyers. We have the knowledge, experience and financial resources to successfully stand up to the largest corporate interests and insurance companies — while taking a personal approach in representing our clients.
Whether you or a loved one is injured, suspect that your civil rights have been violated, is involved in a commercial dispute, or want to know if you have a case, contact us to find out if you have a claim — at no cost to you. We represent clients across a broad range of litigation areas, including:
- Personal Injury Litigation: From motor vehicle accident injuries to slip-and-fall injuries and defective products, we are prominent trial lawyers with significant settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients.
- Medical Malpractice: We are recognized leaders in Ohio medical negligence litigation, with experience in all areas, from misdiagnosis to surgical mistakes, drug errors to birth injuries.
- Nursing Home Negligence: Stand up for your loved one who was injured due to nursing home abuse or neglect. Fighting for full and fair money damages is often the only way to make nursing home management change dangerous and neglectful practices for everyone.
- Workplace Injuries: When Ohio workers' compensation doesn't cover the full cost of your workplace injury, we can help you recover compensation from the liable third-party contractor, product manufacturer or property owner.
- Products Liability: Products cases can span the spectrum of legal issues, from assumption of risk and contributory negligence, to manufacturing and design defects that are difficult to find. We've built a practice around taking on complex issues and presenting clear cases to juries to maximize potential recovery.
- Pharmaceutical Cases: A subset of products liability with the added complexity of federal preemption, when you or a loved one is hurt by a dangerous or defective drug, we are able to ask the right questions to provide you sound, objective advice — and then follow through.
- Class Action: Spangenberg attorneys are leaders in complex mass tort litigation — in which many plaintiffs file suit against a few defendants, and the cases are managed by a central federal court — taking a leadership role in national cases. We handle all claims involving defective drugs, including Vioxx, Bextra, Yaz, and Gadolinium. We are able to give personal attention to individual cases, while simultaneously leading the national litigation to increase our clients' opportunity for a favorable outcome.
- Business Litigation: If you are involved in a business dispute or commercial litigation, it makes sense to talk to a law firm that will handle your case on a contingency basis — allowing you to pursue a claim with no impact on your current cash flow. Plus, our interests are aligned with yours: maximizing your recovery with minimal costs.
- Foodborne Illness: If food poisoning — the result of food contaminated with bacteria, parasites, viruses, or other contaminants such as poisons, chemicals, and pesticides — makes you or a loved one sick, we know how to evaluate your case and protect your interests.
- Insurance Claims and Consumer Rights: We have earned a reputation for tenacity against insurance companies and businesses that deal with consumers in bad faith. We have the knowledge and resources to stand up to the largest legal defense law firms in the nation, and win.
- Civil Rights: Police misconduct, wrongful imprisonment, racial or sexual discrimination or workplace harassment: We understand the complex issues involved and are among the leading law firms involved in cases that impact Ohio civil rights protections.
Learn more about our class action and consumer fraud cases at these pages:
There are no shortcuts to a successful lawsuit or dispute resolution. By applying decades of knowledge and experience, we will help you fight for the best possible resolution to your case, as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Contact us to arrange a no-cost, confidential consultation with one of our Cleveland personal injury lawyers today.